Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The orpahange

I started working at the Ikhaylathemba orphanage yesterday! I am in charge of working with the children with special needs. I work with two children with CP, one child with FAS, and then five other children who have undiagnosed disabilities. All of there needs are very severe.. There are three kids that I have communication goals for, but many of the others just need care and attention. I also have been working with the babies and toddlers! There is one baby who is the chunkiest thing I have ever seen and all she wants to do is lay around with a bottle hanging out of her mouth.. I love the kids!

Gordon's Bay is beautiful (even though it's extremely hot here.. today was 48 degree celsius which I didn't even know was possible) I am permanently sweating! I can't wait to post some pictures from my trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment